Wednesday 28 June 2017

Skincare Routine: June 2017

Hey Gorgeous People,

I've now updated my base makeup routine for you all so I thought it is high time that I update my skincare routine for you.

I find it quite hard to stick to my skincare especially if I'm super tired or wake up too late. I usually clean my face while I'm in the shower so washing my face in the morning is often overlooked, as I shower at night. But my routine is pretty simple, really easy and I should make more of an effort to maintain the routine morning and night.

To remove any makeup, I use this homemade makeup remover. I just use regular face wipes for in the morning because the homemade makeup remover has coconut oil in it, which is a bit too heavy for the day. So when I use this at night, the coconut oil has time to soak into my skin and add another layer of moisturising goodness! The recipe is super simple:

  • 2 TBSP coconut oil
  • 1 TBSP baby wash (this isn't necessary but it can be added as an extra)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Cotton pads

All you do is melt the coconut oil and add it to the other ingredients in a container of your choice (I just used a glass jar with a lid) and shake till the ingredients are sufficiently mixed. I separated the mixture in half, you'll see why in a second. You then put cotton pads in the jar, making sure that they are soaked. With the separated jar of mixture, pour it on the cotton pads at regular intervals and at the end once all cotton pads are in the jar so that the cotton pads are really soaked. Now you have homemade makeup remover wipes in minutes!


Half Bare/ Half Makeup


I then wash my face with the Garnier Pure Active Anti-Blackhead Charcoal Exfoliating Gel. This is only supposed to be used three times a week and it just so happened that it was an exfoliating day when I did this post. I am actually due to buy a new face wash. I usually just stick with a Garnier or Nivea product.



I then use my Cetaphil DermaControl Moisturiser with SPF. I really like this because it protects my face and moisturises it. It also doesn't disrupt how makeup sits on my face.


 To reduce redness and help with sensitivity, I use the Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm. I really love this as a part of my skincare routine as well as a part of my makeup base.



To finish it all off, just grab a lip balm of your choice! 
Hope you enjoyed this little look into how I take care of my face xx.

What's your favourite skincare products?

If you want to keep up with me on social media:
Instagram: immyminette
Twitter: @immyminette
Gmail: immyminette.official@gmail.com
Facebook: Immy Minette
Bloglovin': (link on side of page)

Love you all,

Immy Minette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...